Ryedale Testing provide a local, quick, accurate, and integrated service… all under one roof! Ryedale Testing is an ATTMA member and use only the highest quality UKAS calibrated instruments.
From April 2006 Part L of the Building Regulations were amended to reflect the Government’s continued commitment to the reduction of green house gases and wasted energy. All new domestic dwellings with just a few exceptions are required to demonstrate an air tightness of not less than 10m³/(h.m²)@ 50 Pascals.
ACHIEVING AIR TIGHTNESS
Check list – prior to the test
- Access for fan equipment to be installed
- No airflow restrictions in front or around fans – a clear door opening is preferred
- Electrical power (240 Volts)
- Windspeed less than 13 mph
- All mechanical ventilation/heating systems to be de-activated
- Consider local restrictions eg noise, working hours
- Acceptable route for the air to flow from the fans
- Workforce can remain in the building during the test but access in/out of the property is forbidden
- Depending on the volume of sealing required a typical test should take 1-2 hrs