Air Tightness Testing
Ryedale Testing take the hassle out of testing calculations by providing a local, quick, accurate, and integrated service… all under one roof! Ryedale Testing is an ATTMA member and use only the highest quality UKAS calibrated instruments.
From April 2006 Part L of the Building Regulations were amended to reflect the Government's continued commitment to the reduction of green house gases and wasted energy. All new domestic dwellings with just a few exceptions are required to demonstrate an air tightness of not less than 10m³/(h.m²)@ 50 Pascals.
- We offer air tightness and acoustic testing under one roof which means a seamless and integrated approach to managing the latest regulations on your behalf.
- We commit to help you with regard to failed tests and re tests.
- Local testing results in less travelling which mean lower costs to the customer.
- For multiple/volume tests we offer some of the most attractive discounts available.
- A qualified architect and calculations checked on the latest CAD software. A decade of experience in diagnostic testing ensures that pre test procedures deliver you the best possible results.
- We commit to spend more time sealing up your property in accordance with ATTMA guidelines, which means the prescribed level of air tightness is achieved.
- Results are only as good as the quality of the build and the accuracy of the test.
- If your completion timelines have slipped we will test for you Sundays and through the night if required.
- If required, just call our emergency number 07946 315 721
Achieving air tightness
Check list - prior to the test:
- Access for fan equipment to be installed
- No airflow restrictions in front or around fans – a clear door opening is preferred
- Electrical power (240 Volts)
- Windspeed less than 13 mph
- All mechanical ventilation/heating systems to be de-activated
- Consider local restrictions eg noise, working hours
- Acceptable route for the air to flow from the fans
- Workforce can remain in the building during the test but access in/out of the property is forbidden
- Depending on the volume of sealing required a typical test should take 1-2 hrs
To ensure we offer the most competitive price we estimate each project separately, there are attractive discounts available for multiple tests.
We provide two levels of service, a routine test with a 14 day lead-time and an emergency test for projects where time lines have slipped.